About Margaret Johnson
Evidence-based communications that advance research and education
As a writer, editor, and scientist, it’s my privilege to help clients with medical communications challenges.
I bring over 15 years’ experience in biomedical science to your project. I have authored journal articles, grant proposals, posters, and slide decks; and developed curriculum, assessments, and educational programs in several fields of science. My work has been featured in industry news publications and websites.
With expertise and interest in several therapeutic areas, I provide quality communications to help clients succeed.
- Freelance medical writer and editor since 2019
- Faculty member at the University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Interdisciplinary researcher at the University of Alberta
- Over 40 peer-reviewed scientific publications
- Peer reviewer for scientific journals
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry from Simon Fraser University
- Certificate in Teaching and Learning, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- CIHR-funded postdoctoral fellow at the Scripps Research Institute
- Over 300 hours of continuing education in writing, editing, instructional design, and research
Honors and Awards
- Faculty Fellow in Undergraduate Research, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Awarded research grants from the National Institutes of Health, American Chemical Society, and University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Boehringer Ingelheim Award of the Canadian Society for Chemistry
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) Postdoctoral Fellowship